Is New Orleans the next Silicon Valley?
Are you thinking about moving to New Orleans, or already here? The Big Easy is known for its low cost of living and unparalleled culture, and is the perfect place for talented, high performing sales professionals looking to make an impact in a buzzing tech community. You don’t need to look to Silicon Valley or New York for an exciting career in SaaS.
zlien is one of the South's fastest-growing tech companies, a flagship of the tech industry in Louisiana, is already helping an impressive tech community to put New Orleans on the map as one of the next big cities in tech. zlien has been named one of New Orleans CityBusiness "Best Places to Work" in 2017 and 2018. Backed by venture funding, we are growing revenue (and our headcount) 100% year by year. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid.
We can't shake up the dynamic of a trillion dollar industry without at a sales team executing at the highest level in the industry, with energetic and outstanding key players. If you have a proven track record, confidence in your ability to close, and can run us over with your velocity - you're going to fit in with our team just fine.
Ready to find out more? zlien.com/careers
You'll love coming to work every day:
We push ourselves to break records and to drive the growth of the company while we celebrate wins and have fun every day. For this Account Executive position, you're responsible for selling our core products and closing new business among potential SMB and high growth clients. You have direct access to the VP of Revenue and the executive team to help in supporting your sales goals. We'll provide the mentorship to take your growing professional career to an entirely new level.
What's true about a career at zlien:
- We care where you will be in 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years and we're invested to help you get there.
- You're joining a stellar team where you can have a huge impact and help us change the world.
- We have a very competitive salary and health benefits package, and a fun office environment with music playing all day long and catered lunch every Wednesday.
- Our management team supports team members with career development to sharpen sales skill. We'll help you build the path for success in your career.
What should be true about you:
- Self-starter with a track record of success and a positive attitude. If you have a killer work ethic, you've driven by your numbers, and are highly self-motivated, you'll fit right in.
- Teammate energized by working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. A balance of collaboration and competition comes naturally to you.
- Excited about SaaS, marketing & sales with strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and a creative approach to new accounts.
- Passionate about selling and possessing a true "Hunter" mentality, you're flexible and excited by learning new sales techniques. Not to mention eager to jump on the phone.
- A strong background for prospecting leads and closing sales. You have experience developing trusted relationships with customers.
- Ability to handle difficult objections, and employ an ethical and transparent approach in sales.
- You bring a lot of energy, initiative, and enthusiasm to work with a strong desire to improve your performance and increase responsibility over time.
- 1-3 years of sales experience, preferably in software.
- High level of emotional intelligence and respect for bringing our purpose to life in the Construction Industry.
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel zlien’s sales growth
- Prospect and identify key decision-makers at target companies and lay the foundation for a strong, long-lasting relationship
- Use a customer-focused, value oriented consultative sales approach to educate customers on what products will best meet their business needs
- Independently manage a pipeline with multiple prospects, utilizing Salesforce to document progress
- Drive numerous accounts simultaneously, each at different stages
- Conduct in depth market research to identify and qualify new account opportunities
- Expertly complete the end-to-end sales cycle, from cold calling to scheduling and facilitating online product demonstrations and closing the sale
- Close business to achieve, if not exceed monthly metrics
Nice to haves:
- Direct Experience working and selling SaaS solutions
- Startup Experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry
Learn more about our sales team here!
One of our core values is Passionate About Fairness. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.